If you are considering buying or selling a home, selecting a real estate broker/agent may be the first important decision you will have to make.
While there are many qualified real estate agents out there, it is important to decide on a professional who will understand your needs and individual preferences. Someone who you can respect and trust is a minimum requirement. Nearly four out of five home buyers and sellers enlist the help of a real estate professional. Whether you are looking to buy a new home or sell the one you are in, choosing a real professional who best fits your needs is vital.
Here are some questions to consider when choosing your Realtor®:
- Are they a REALTOR®?
- How long have they been a real estate professional?
- Do they work full or part time?
- How long have they been working in this particular area?
- What type of homes do they usually handle?
- How much of their business comes from repeat customers or referrals?
- How many homes did they sell last year?
- How often can you expect to be updated, regardless of any progress?
- Do they have an aggressive marketing plan to attract buyers?
Not all real estate agents/brokers are REALTORS®!
A REALTOR® is a member of the National Association of Realtors® and must follow a strict Code of Ethics in every transaction with the public and with other real estate agents.
Above all you should choose a Realtor® that you feel comfortable with. Your real estate professional will be your guide through the entire process of buying or selling a home, and can be a valuable resource. Make sure that whomever you select is well suited to your demands.